Finding and Preventing Leaks
Everyone dreads the thought of a burst water pipe or a blocked drain pipe, but few people consider the smaller, less dramatic leaks that can cause costly damage and even serious health concerns. So, without the obvious rush of water and ensuing panic of a major water issue, how do you know what lurks behind the walls and under your floors? We’ve got a few tips to help you catch a leak before it causes big problems.
- Keep an eye on your water bill. Have you seen a jump in your water bill with no explanation? This can be indicative of a slow leak somewhere in your home. Don’t let this spike in fees go unanswered.
- Look for discolouration in your walls or flooring. This can be a sign of water pooling in a specific area.
- Bubbling of paint is a solid indicator of excess water inside your walls. This is a sign that is not to be ignored!
- Sagging ceilings or floorboards can also mean you have a water problem that needs addressing.
- Mold and mildew as well, whether in the basement or anywhere else inside the house often means you have an issue with water, and could be evidence of a leak inside your walls or under the floor. This problem needs to be addressed immediately for the health and safety of your family.
If you do find signs of water damage inside your home, be sure to call a professional as soon as possible. Not only will it be more cost efficient to repair the problem sooner rather than later, but it will also avoid or limit the exposure your family will have to unpleasant odours and harmful mold and mildew spores. Modern technology allows us to look at your pipes without taking your plumbing apart and helps us take an exact approach with no wasted time or expense. Trust the experience of our Rite Tech team to fix your leaky pipes and make your house safe and dry again.