Natural gas is extremely versatile and can power your home appliances, including your furnace, as well as outdoor fixtures such as your BBQ and pool heater. Let’s take a look at 5 of the best reasons to have natural gas lines installed in your home.
1. Cost-Effective: Without a doubt, natural gas is cheaper than both electricity and propane by a wide margin. If your homes in the past have typically been electric-based, you will notice a major difference on your first bill with natural gas powering your home. Natural gas is much more efficient than electric, consuming less energy and therefore resulting in a lower utility bill.
2. Easier on the Environment (and you!): Natural gas burns extremely clean. When you’re preparing your natural gas BBQ, there won’t be any smoke or other toxins to breathe in. The flames also spread much more evenly, which allows you to cook on a wider area rather than just one hot spot, which you may find with charcoal BBQs. Also, natural gas releases much less CO2 into the air, which benefits all of us.
3. Convenient: Natural gas lines are buried, making them much less prone to service disruptions. It can also make your backyard life much easier – no more going back and forth hauling wood to restock the firepit. A firepit connected to your natural gas line will be far more reliable and inviting, with steady flame and no smoke to avoid. Heat your pool consistently and evenly, and grill your favourite foods on your BBQ connected to natural gas. Rite Tech Plumbing can even help with installing natural gas-powered torches to add to the ambiance of your backyard oasis.
4. Increased resale value: These days, buyers want eco-friendly homes that are efficient and reliable. Installing natural gas lines has been proven to increase the value of a home. If you’re not quite ready to sell, then you can still enjoy the many benefits of natural gas in your home and yard until the time is right to sell, when you will reap the benefits of it in another way – your asking price.
5. Safety: In addition to the cost-saving and convenience benefits, natural gas is safer than other forms of heating, such as propane or electricity. For example, gas cylinders can rupture or catch fire, which could cause a catastrophe. Electricity only works when there’s power – in a winter blackout, this could become a very dangerous situation. There are no cylinders to refill with natural gas and your home will stay warm, even when the power goes out.
Natural gas is one of many ways to heat your home, pool, BBQ, and more. At Rite Tech Plumbing, we have experienced gas fitters who will help you through the process, from obtaining permits to the first time you turn your gas on. Call us today to find out what natural gas can do for you!