Summer is finally upon us, and most people are more than happy to do away with the snow and ice, and trade it in for warm weather and sunshine. It’s the time of year where we entertain our family friends, take vacations and simply enjoy the great outdoors.
It’s a good time, too, to take a look at your plumbing and ensure that you prevent any unforeseen issues that can put a damper on the summer festivities.
Here are a few easy tips to make sure your plumbing is in good shape for the summer season:
- Check taps and hoses: Taps and hoses can crack or corrode over the cold winter months. Make sure to check all of your lines from beginning to end to make sure that you aren’t damaging your plants and wasting water from unidentified leaks. Replacing taps and hoses is relatively simple and inexpensive, and will save you money in the long run.
- Sprinkler Systems: Check your sprinkler systems to make sure the water pressure is adequate and the sprinkler heads are free from damage and debris. If you suspect a problem in the underground lines, be sure to have a professional plumber come in to address the issue before your landscaping and building foundation show the effects of water damage.
- Clear your toilet drains: Having company over the summer months is a lot of fun, but it puts added pressure on your plumbing for sure. With more people using your bathroom, it’s important to make sure everything is running smoothly so that you don’t end up with back ups and clogs later on.
- Avoid drain problems: Make sure that guests are aware of garbage and compost receptacles to avoid unwanted items going down sinks or toilets. If an alternative is readily available, people are more likely to use them.
- If you do discover a bigger problem, or encounter an emergency issue, we’re always here to help. Give us a call anytime for any of your plumbing concerns.